Holy cow I cannot believe January is almost over. I don’t know about you but January felt like it was taking a full year to come to a close! And yet somehow next week is February! I realized looking back on my social media you guys don’t really get to see the inside of my life. You get to see the amazing sessions I have and how gorgeous my clients are, but not much else! Honestly January is a slow month as far as sessions go so I figured lets make a change and learn a little more about me! I’m glad January is a little slow, as I am strictly an outdoor photographer; and it’s slightly chilly here to the natives (the ones born in NC, if I a born and raised Northerner said it was cold I would be smited and revoked of Northern titles). So to start this off the photo above is me and my family! They visited me over the New Year 🙂
You may know a little about me from reading my blog in the past or simply perusing my about me section. The about me section is called Kaitlyn’s Way, if you haven’t scoped out that side of the blog feel free to pop over! Tons of stuff to learn over there! BUT for the sake of learning about me I figured once a day for the next week I will post questions and answers to get to know me. Almost like speed dating, but without the awkwardness 😉
Do you remember those ask me anything questionnaires the you would post all over Myspace? Yes I am dating myself I am referencing Myspace, and if you don’t know what the is for you young ones, it was Facebook but you could write in HTML code and have music play on your page. Pretty cool for the 2000s. Those questionnaires were my favorite so I figured why not do one to start us off!
1. What is your middle name?: Rose! Did you know that’s where I got the idea of A Rose’s Touch Photography from?
2. What was favorite subject at school?: Oh gosh, probably English. I loved reading and being transported into a new world or even writing my own.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Dr. Pepper, diet at the moment as Weight Watchers is my life.. Alcoholic drink is anything not too sweet or bitter, it’s always safest just to hand me a crown and Pepsi.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I think the song most listened on Spotify at the moment is Guys Like You bu Taylor Acorn.
5. What is your favorite food?: Pasta, any type of pasta I am there! OH and ice cream! You cannot have dinner without dessert.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: A new LBD and black heels! I walked the screw off in my old heels so I figured it was time for new ones.
7. Favorite book of all time?: The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot will always be my go to. The pages are completely worn down at this point. Yes I am an HP fan, but sometimes a girl just needs some ghosts and a love story.
8. Favorite Color?: Anything blue
9. Do you have any pets?: I have two dogs, Kira (Alaskan Malamute) and Bumper (Cavapoo) as well as a cat named Tiberius Rex
10. Favorite Perfume?: Crush by Michael Kors or Soiree by Viva la Juicy
11. Favorite Holiday?: I love Christmas, mainly because I love giving gifts to others and spending time with loved ones
12. Are you married?: Nope, I’ve been dating Matt for 2 years now. We bought a house last April, that was enough for me 🙂
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I honestly don’t remember the amount of times, but as a kid I did a Jamaican cruise and also visited Canada. I guess twice!
14. Do you speak any other language?: I took French in HS for 3 years, but I remember my name is and where the bathroom is
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have one other sibling who is younger by 2 years
16. What is your favorite shop?: There is no way I can answer this in one answer, like I know I’ll want to add more. Uhm household stuff is Target and HomeGoods. Clothes is Francesca’s. Makeup is Sephora or Ulta depending on what I need (I have a vanity of makeup) Shoes is Zappos…Ohhh clothes would also be Clothes Mentor bc I love secondhand!
17. Favorite restaurant?: Currently it’s Felix Cafe in Wilmington, NC or Cafe 422 in Warren, OH
18. When was the last time you cried?: It’s been awhile. I think it was when my grandfather passed
19. Favorite Blog?: Honestly there are just so many I hardly have time to read them! I love Pippa Grant, Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score to read their blogs when I can or even just the newsletter
20. Favorite Movie?: Sweet Home Alabama
21. Favorite TV shows?: One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Younger, Gilmore Girls
22. PC or Mac?: Mac
23. What phone do you have?: iPhone X
24. How tall are you?: 5’2 and 1/2! That 1/2 counts guys! But I still need a ladder for most things or Matt
25. Can you cook?: Absolutely. Home-cooked meals every night in this homestead. I try to mix it up, but sometimes it’s hard!
Alright all that concludes the 20 questions for today! If you have any you want to know send me a message on Instagram or comment on Facebook! I’ll be sure to add it to this weeks!
Have a great Sunday!
Your message has been sent. I will contact you shortly
wedding & portrait Photographer Based in Youngstown Ohio. always up to travel for your session!